A dental implant is one of the best ways to replace a missing tooth as it mimics the design, functionality, and appearance of a normal tooth. Dental implants consist of a titanium post that mimics the tooth root and a porcelain replacement crown that mimics the tooth.
Missing teeth can cause many problems such as bone loss, movement of teeth, bite alteration, difficulty chewing, jaw joint problems, and more stress on remaining teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants:
- More stable and easier to clean than dentures.
- Replacement of missing teeth is essential to maintaining the integrity of bone and gum structure.
- You won’t have to grind healthy teeth as you would with a dental bridge.
- Prevents unnecessary strain on other teeth by not distorting the bite forces in the mouth.
- Dental implants function and feel like natural teeth.
- Implants improve speech and facial appearance.
To be a good candidate for tooth implants, it is recommended that the individual has adequate bone density and a strong immune system. The best time to place an implant is at the time of the tooth extraction or shortly after.
Dental implants require no special care except for caution until the bone is completely healed. Standard brushing and flossing rules apply, as do normal dentist checkups and cleanings. Once placed, they become a permanent part of the mouth.
Request Your Dental Implant Appointment
To request an appointment with our experienced Fuquay-Varina restorative dentists to learn more about dental implants, please fill out the form below or call us at (919) 552-2431.