Dental Emergencies Can Happen Any Time
Sudden dental pain, injury to a tooth, or an accident can happen suddenly, and it’s important to get the care you need as soon as possible. When you need an emergency dentist in Fuquay-Varina, trust the team at Hamby Family Dental Center to provide the solution you need to restore your smile and ease your pain fast.
When You Need an Emergency Dentist
Reach out to our office immediately for fast treatment and quality care for the following dental emergencies:
- Severe pain that doesn’t respond to over the counter pain relief;
- Losing a permanent tooth or having a tooth knocked out due to an injury or accident;
- Dental abscess or infection (often accompanied by swelling, pain, or a foul taste in the mouth);
- Broken or lost filling or crown;
- Cracked or broken tooth accompanied by severe pain;
- Severe pain (dry socket) after a dental procedure;
Schedule a Checkup for Non Emergency Dental Care
We understand it can be difficult to determine what requires an emergency dentist and what issues can wait for a regular checkup. For these issues, give our office a call for non-emergency treatment and care:
- Cracked or chipped tooth that is not causing pain;
- Mild dental pain that responds to over-the-counter medication and is not accompanied by swelling, fever, or bumps on the gum.
- Sore gums without swelling;
- Tooth sensitivity to heat or cold;
What to Do Before Your Appointment
When you schedule an appointment for emergency dentistry, we will fit you in as soon as possible. In the meantime, follow these recommendations:
- For a lost or knocked-out tooth, rinse the crown (hard part of tooth) to remove any debris and place it in a container of milk. This saves the tooth and improves the likelihood of re-implanting it.
- For severe pain, take an over-the-counter pain medication, such as ibuprofen. Also, rinse the area with warm salt water to clean the area and apply a cold compress to reduce swelling.
By staying calm, thinking clearly, and reaching out to our emergency dentist, you can minimize any complications and improve the ability to restore your dental health.
Schedule an Appointment with an Emergency Dentist in Fuquay Varina Today
To request an appointment with our experienced Fuquay-Varina emergency dentists, please fill out the form below or call our office at (919) 552-2431. Day appointments are available.