The easiest way to keep your teeth and gums healthy is to practice good dental hygiene. The Hamby Family Dental Center agrees that the most effective way to remove harmful plaque, thereby preventing bacteria in your mouth from causing cavities, is to brush at least three times a day. Using fluoride toothpaste helps strengthen your teeth, and removing leftover food and sugar quickly protects your smile.
Hamby Family Dental Center’s Tips For Brushing
It’s generally best to see your dentist in order to discuss personalized brushing techniques as everyone’s teeth are a little different. If you live in the Fuquay-Varina area, you can schedule an appointment with us.
In the meantime:
- It’s best to brush in a circular motion. While some people brush up and down, this style can put pressure on your gums, ultimately causing a receding gum line or exposed roots.
- Use a targeted approach, only brushing two or three teeth at a time. Don’t just swipe back and forth across your whole mouth. Work your way around, gradually brushing every surface.
- Bacteria isn’t just on your teeth. Brush your gums, as well as the roof and floor of your mouth. Especially remember to brush your tongue, which washes away trapped bacteria and germs and gives you fresher breath.
- Throw out your old tooth brush. If the bristles are frayed, it won’t be as effective at cleaning your teeth.
- A good tooth-brushing takes about three minutes. So take the time to care for your beautiful smile.
Visit Our Fuquay-Varina Dentist
As vital as great dental hygiene is at home, visiting your dentist regularly is important! Come visit us and keep your smile healthy and beautiful.